= 1,000,000,000,000,000 bytes
= 1,000,000,000,000 kb
= 1,000,000,000 mb
= 1,000,000 gb
= 1,000 tb
- The Internet Archive contains almost 2 petabytes of data.
- Google processes about 20 petabytes of data a day.
- The 4 experiments in the Large Hadron Collider will produce about 15 petabytes of data per year, which will be distributed over the LHC Computing Grid.
- Facebook has just over 1 petabyte of users’ photos stored, translating into roughly 10 billion photos.
- Rapidshare has 4.5 petabytes of storage for users (April 2008)